Interested in peacebuilding, post-conflict transformation, development, and expanding your global understanding? Consider a summer in Kosovo. Two Dartmouth students will be selected to participate in a hypbrid study-travel-internship experience in Prishtina, Kosovo and surrounding region.
SUMMER 2014 PROGRAM:
Mid-June - end August
- Two non-credit COURSES on a variety of international, war & peace, or development topics taken at the American University in Kosovo
- TRAVEL with students and faculty throughout the Balkans in Kosovo, Bosnia, Serbia, and Montenegro OR Albania, Greece and Macedonia
- INTERN with Kosovar civil society organizations with focus on gender, public policy, economic develpment, capcity building, and/or education
This unique opportunity is made possible through a tri-lateral partnership with the Dickey Center at Dartmouth, American University in Kosovo, and local NGO internship hosts. The Dickey Center provide funding to cover round trip airfare, travel excursions within the Balkans, course fees, lodging, and meals for the nine week learning experience. The opportunity is open to students of ANY level of study at Dartmouth College, with preference given to students who will return to campus for at least one term following the summer program participation.
Preference is given to Dartmouth students returning for at least one term, though ALL students are eligible to apply (first years and graduate students welcomed).
- Summer 2014 Program: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 4pm
More information on course opportunities and the American University in Kosovo summer program can be found online: http://summer.aukonline.org/. BUT please note that the opportunity through the Dickey Center combines the American University in Kosovo summer program experience with a partnered internship in Prishtina.
APPLYING THROUGH THE DICKEY CENTER. The Dickey Center opportunity extends beyond the American University in Kosovo standard summer program and also includes full funding for selected students. The Dickey Center has already made arrangements with American University in Kosovo for program enrollment of our selected students and with Dartmouth NGO partners for internship placements to follow.
If you are solely interested in the coursework and travel option offered by American University in Kosovo (5 weeks in duration), you can apply directly through their website. They welcome Dartmouth applicants directly, but the full program costs (and associated travel) are the responsibility of the applicant.
November speak by President Jahjaga at launch of collaborative Gender Research Center
Dartmouth Now, March 6, 2012
Dartmouth Now, March 8, 2012
Dartmouth Now, June 24, 2011
STEP 1: Complete the online application (Click here)
STEP 2: Recommendation Letter
- One letter of recommendation from a Dartmouth faculty member. Note: A second letter of recommendation is not required but will be accepted if submitted. The letter can be dropped off at the Dickey Center or emailed to
Transcript. Please request an electronic unofficial transcript from the registrar and send it to