Research abroad is a great way to explore another part of the world while gaining relevant academic experience. The Dickey Center offers funding for a limited number of Arctic & Global Health-related research projects. Additional resources are available through a variety of campus departments.
Global Health Fellowships
Global Health Fellowships give you the opportunity to conduct mentored research. Fellows are matched with a global health researcher from Dartmouth Medical School or DHMC. Fellows participate in several educational sessions before heading out for experiences that last six to ten weeks.
Fogerty Fellowships are funded in part by a grant from the National Institutes of Health and the Dickey Center's Global Health Initiative.
Administered and funded by the Institute of Arctic Studies, Stefansson Fellowships provide you with valuable field experience in an Arctic location. Students can design their own research projects or collaborate on faculty research projects. Topics in any field of study are acceptable. Our staff can help guide you in your project development and may be able to connect you with appropriate researchers on the ground.
Undergraduate Research Grants
Dean of Faculty Office, 110-114 Wentworth Hall
Undergraduate Advising & Research 646-1632
- Leave term research: Grants available for faculty-mentored research in any academic discipline
- Research during “on” terms: Funding available through specific programs (e.g. WISP, HHMI, Presidential Scholars) and for senior honors thesis research
Scholarship Advising 646-3690
- Undergraduate: Scholarships in specific academic areas (e.g. study abroad, math & science, public service, environmental public policy)
- Post-graduate: Scholarships & fellowships for research and graduate study
Neukom Institute, 121 Sudikoff, 646-8737
- Neukom Travel Grants are for students who will be presenting their faculty-advised research at conferences, workshops, or symposia; research must include a computational component. Grants are awarded on a first-come-first-served basis, two per month.